Drunk on You, Da


Da[i], forgive this intoxication!
I am drunk on Your Spirit;
I forgot what my limit was a long time ago.
Your Love fills my cup.
Every drop is precious, so I quick tell others
To bring buckets - and they come from far away as brothers to help.

None of this drunkenness would be possible without You, Da.
None of this without You.
Praise be the seed of the fruit of this vine!
When I get in the drink like this,
Sobriety is the last thing on my list.
Thank You for everything, even the pain,
And Da, the hangover I'll have tomorrow again.
But O, right now the bottle's passed around, and it tastes so fine.
None of this dancing would be possible without You, Da.
None of this without You.
I always turn into a fool in times like this!
Your laugh makes it all worthwhile;
Da, I cherish even Your smile.
Who needs a cup in the ocean?
I'll drink 'til I can't with devotion.
 You came here as Jesus and became the bread and wine.
None of this revelry would be possible without You, Da.
None of this without You.
Holy Hallelujah! All the glory is Thine!




[i] 'Da' - Scottish for 'Dad'


"drink your fill of love."
Song of Solomon 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment