Extreme Temperatures Wreak Havoc with Internet Service




My Internet has been down off and on for over 24 hours now due to extreme heat in the Valley of the Sun.
I don't understand why Qwest/Centurylink can’t give us an infrastructure that can withstand high temperatures and moisture. This happens a lot in the desert away from the city. When it’s monsoon season they say moisture gets into the copper wiring and shorts things out.

They can put a man on the moon and build bases on Mars but we can't have reliable internet service??? Please!!!
So… long story short I couldn't stand it any more and at 3:00 today went to Starbucks to download my mail and get connected to the world again. They were playing the most incredible jazz. I stayed for an hour because I couldn't leave while that CD was still playing. What a gift that was!
It was 110 here today, 114 yesterday, and much hotter than that in the city. It’s still 100 degrees F on our patio right now at 8:45 at night, but it’s supposed to cool down each day over the next five until we’re back down to 100 or so on Wednesday. Thank goodness for the pool.
Much-needed rain is in the forecast for the next few days, so I’m doing rain dances. We haven’t had any rain in several months and I almost forget what the creosote bushes smell like when a good dump is coming down. One of the wonderful benefits to having a flat roof and no attic is that you can hear the rain so clearly. There’s record-breaking rain in the east and close to record-breaking heat in the southwest. The climate is really messed up thanks to you-know-who.
Internet service could be iffy for the next few days so if I’m out of touch, it’s because I can’t connect.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment